Wednesday, October 31, 2018

History and the importance of Raman Komattil.

Well,
If you don't go behind 1982 when you study our collective history, you are missing something.
When I look at the different names that appear in discussion forums on news channels, it all tells you the same thing.
When my dad listened to Sports Commentary in the sixties, Raman Komattil was the best sports commentator on AIR.
Even though my father PS Chandu hadn't seen his grandfather Raman Panangadan who died when my grandfather PR Subramanian was only three years old.
My dad got a feel of his grandfather when he listened to Raman Komattil doing Sports Commentary on All India Radio in the sixties.
And history makes itself much better this time around.
We are all saviours of our motherland, our country, our states, our nation, Al Jazeera and our collective history whether it be TV5, DWTV or "How I met your mother" on Star World.
That's exactly what I tell myself everyday and that's what family history, it's relation to national history, it's relation to events around us and the whole gamut works.
And I am telling you, it's getting better with each passing day, regardless of how ill-fated events may make us feel.

No comments: