Thursday, September 01, 2016

Just back from marking attendance at the best year long football camp for Under 18 and Under 15. Here is a gist of what I discussed with the head coach today.

I discussed a 2-2-3-3 formation with two narrow centerback and stopper with two wide wingbacks. I discussed a short pass to player with trained options while taking a corner instead of a corner kick. I discussed discouraging goalkeepers from taking long kicks of the ball instead pass into space to defender and move forward with short passes. I discussed overlap training for wingers.

My head coach told me that when a goalkeeper passes the ball it must be taken with the feet with which you can move the ball forward instead of the feet which might give it to the opponent team.


My head coach also told me that when wingbacks move forward, the centerbacks move into the wingback positions and defensive midfield moves into the centerback position.

I told the coach that an extremely fluid team is a high risk effort and too much creativity puts a player out of range for the game. We also discussed structure of the team.I told the coach that if we were playing to structure, the man-to-man, each player must be better than his opponent counterpart. And that a fluid game can only be played by a compact team. And that if a team plays a fluid game, the mind and thinking of the entire team should be one and the same.

That was all we discussed.

No comments: