Friday, January 20, 2006

Chasing the moon

As a kid sitting behind my dad on his scooter on the way back home was a long drive on a straight road. In the night, above the brick kilns, the moon would also be speeding its way down south ahead of our scooter at all times. I remember asking my dad to step on the gas to overtake the moon. And step on the gas he did. That was a thrilling moment though we never ever overtook the moon. Recently, when i was driving in Kerala on its winding roads i saw the moon in front of me again. And as i was turning on a long curve of the road i noticed that i was actually slowly overtaking the moon. All it took was a U-turn to put the moon behind. And it took me 20 years to learn how.

2 comments:

ravi said...

This is wonderful. I liked ur way of running for ball while playing football. Nice n intresting posts.

coolkarni said...

Very nice..the last sentence hits directly...gem of a metaphor..