Wednesday, January 04, 2006

The Unstoppable Journeys

I am a hungry soul and I cruise
To distances unseen; unheard; unused
I came across a bend and long I stood
Stretched my sight as far as I could
To where it bent on the world’s hood

There he stood as a janitor of time
Gazing at me with dry, weary eyes
Holding his hand was like holding the hand of time
He stretched and gave me a rotating twig
As if from a different epoch was now for me to dig

Concentrate and pray; is all he said
And even the arid leaves will breathe again
Miracle or not but my life changed
As good bestowed me and evil stumbled away

And that has made all the difference
Made me unstoppable in every sense


I traversed centuries to embrace the sky with her
While I sang; the wind came to purr
That’s when the old soul said; we all wear masks
Sometimes to hide sometimes to be hideous

I can still hear the crackling of the yellow shrub
I can still feel the journey within me
As every moment unmasked a new discovery within me
As every discovery whispered to me
Not to count how many moments in life
But how many unstoppable lives to be lived in every moment


As I leisured like a lonely cloud
Over the forests the rivers the hills aloud
Only to stop over a lake so calm
Holding the hills reflection in it’s steady palm

Who is mightier was the question I asked
The hill the lake or the sun in which they basked
The hill was high the lake was deep
The breeze longed over as a gentle sweep

Each has its might and each has its right
They just are useful in a different light
I took some lake and clamped some hill
But the breeze refused to simply fit in

Never compare came the answer like an echo
For you are different as others are so
Time stood still but was still moving fast
Telling unstoppable stories of nature’s cast


I drove long I drove for hours
Just to smell the earth after April showers
I reached a bend where the road had ceased
And salvation embarked through a narrow bridge

The water parted as I splashed on
Maybe the road to heaven was not a road at all
Humming a solitude I sat there to hymn
Wondering how to stop the rushing hand of time

In our journey of life we make a million friends
But never discover ourselves right till the end
To know others one has to know oneself
Only then can he be unstoppable in true sense


Harmonious living they say is a fantasy of mind
There has to be a winner in the world’s grind
Standing eye to eye with this dune of might
Is when I discovered how day existed with night

Suddenly my myths turned empty and hollow
As the wind brought me a new path to follow
I took some sand and grain to remember
That in this calm rests a might to surrender

What appears is not what always is
Sometimes night can throw a light of bliss
As I started the tree whispered holding my wrist
To be truly unstoppable you need to coexist

Running on four wheels I reached an edge
Where the only survival was on one’s legs
Staring in his eyes I asked him how
A will to survive was the answer as I took a bow

As the calm cyan met the golden glow
Carpeting the earth’s chest with a warm snow
I don’t need the world to teach me the world
I take my blessings from the nature’s mould

His words were magical full of insight
I thought to myself how simple and bright
We spend our lives chasing a dream
When dreams are so near than they actually seem

Simplicity I learnt was the key to rule and be able
There’s no stopping then to being unstoppable


From the blink to the stretch of the eye
All I could see was this mystic sky
Under it was this crimson sand
Holding pebbles in the palm of her hand

The shadow lingered from a foot to a mile
Shrinking me to a pinch just for a while
It’s your belief of how big you are
That gets shattered when you meet the czar

The earthy shadow kept rising
As my pride kept retrieving
It was a lesson well learnt
Never swell an ego or else face the brunt

Though looking small I now feel so big
As my unstoppable life now has a new gist


I have seen a teardrop in the middle of a dry ocean
I have seen life in the middle of aggression
I have traveled the distance for I don’t live in a shell
I have seen beauty even on the face of hell

In my life so far I have gathered dusky memory
Of life, wisdom and love and a shell full of glory
Even though traveled I think I have just departed
To an unstoppable journey that has just started


I cried I cried I cried for an embrace
Only to find him face to face
You live so far yet are so near
To a million hearts whom you are so dear

I ask the secret of pleasure O thy
Living in a hive yet alone am I why
I ask I ask I ask you again
What wrong have I done to hold this pain

Threads of bonding are woven with care
And not so much by material stares
Find a reflection of soul O son
You shall never walk alone in shade or sun

It was a moment that changed my life
An unstoppable feeling was right at the aisle
Remember he said with words a few
You are a mirror of someone and I am a reflection too


Have you seen thirst living with floods; I have
Have you seen warmth embracing shiver; I have
This world of ours is a big but small wonder
Breathing in it’s belly are a myriad wonders

Reaching there I always forget
My worries my sorrows and all my regrets
Hold as much as you can of this pristine glory
I hold the ocean within was the shell’s story
To be unstoppable you need a heart of gold
And forbearance how how much can you hold


When you know the voice
You know it’s time to go
On the journey of a lifetime
On the spine of the road

Thus I traveled
Through thick through thin
Turning away the rumble
For finding an end to begin

He stood on the horizon
As if holding the earth
The meaning of life he said
Does not rest in your birth

It is the distance you travel
Breathing or otherwise
Is what will determine
Your ultimate paradise

Handing me a pine cone
Is when he disappeared
Guiding me to be unstoppable
And lead a life unfeared


I was dwelling not for a place
But for the feeling of solace
Guided by the ivory spark
I stood in front of my life’s ark
Only to clear my fears
And all the shades of dark

Standing alone I was not alone
For with me there were her thoughts
It is then when it dawned on me
To love someone you need to set it free
The carrier breeze brought me a bud leaf
As if someone somewhere
Was waiting for my belief

I turned around and started all aglow
As my unstoppable life was ready to go.

-Anonymous

No comments: