Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Shahi Badam

...I had just finished biding my time at the Bilathikulam Siva temple in Calicut and it was time to move on. On to the next stop.. walking quick i noticed that i was being followed.. climbed into a rick and asked him to take me there.. where..? there where buses go to bangalore and mumbai but are untraceable private buses. Untraceable private buses! before long i was sitting in this garage which had a bus parked inside and two suspicious looking guys guarding the place.. me wearing a saffron robe didn't make things easier in this toughlooking muslim neighbourhood...i was getting uneasy when a pleasant looking quite unpleasantly dressed older fellow came and sat next to me..shoots.."Have you been to Mumbai before"....i don't reply.."Have you seen the movie "Deewar""...my eyes brightened and i nodded in the affirmative...billa no.786... i said...suddenly the tension in the atmosphere had cleared ...i had the magic number...786...so i was no clown in a susceptible attire....time for me to go i thought...time for me to make my move....i thought...calling 360011 i waited as the bell rung thrice.. A male voice picked up the phone.."Catch me if you can"..were my only words..the attendant at Al-karam travels said.."You have come to the right place." The unkempt older fellow's eyes twinkled when he said "When you reach Mumbai..look to buy Shahi Badam flavour of icecream."

No comments: